Powered By Blogger

3/16/2009

Nedumbassery airport gets its medical unit..


I remember clearly the agony on the face of my friend as she narrated to me about her painful experience at the Delhi airport 2 years ago. It so happened that her husband who had a back problem was suddenly reeling in excruciating pain. Unfortunately for them, they didn’t have the medicines handy. But for a fellow passenger (God bless him) who helped them with a pain killer, I don’t even want to imagine where things would have lead for my friend.

So, when I read about the medical unit being commissioned at the Kochi International airport at Nedumbassery, I was happy. I think it should be made imperative for all the airports to have medical facilities. Even the railways stations should be encouraged to make available first aid besides a medical shop. It would save many a passenger in emergency.

The unit at Nedumbassery is run in association with the Amrita Institute of Medical Science and is equipped with all basic medicines and supporting infrastructure. The unit will function round the clock at the Kochi International airport. They have tied up with nearby hospitals for doctors, Para medical staff and ambulances in cases of emergency.Besides providing medical support to the passengers the medical unit also will provides the airport employees with first aid when the need be.

Hope all the other airports follow suit…

0 comments: