Powered By Blogger

7/28/2008

Stage race – season 95

Till year 2007…..Cycling me?? No, thanks….2008…Cycling why not??

Thanks to hubs (hubby) who introduced me to Tour de France this season. Well, I am not here to blog about this year’s race and the beauty of the strategies made by each team (will take time to be an authority on that!); just that I enjoyed the game.

My favorite cyclist was…….hmmmm?? Well, not there yet, to judge, but yes I definitely regretted not watching Lance Armstrong in action, a couple of years ago. For there wasn’t a single day in the 21 days of the competition, when hubs didn’t mention Armstrong. His wins, discovery team, their strategy etc etc etc.

I was told that yellow jersey is the most prized and that’s its each rider’s dream to win it, once in their lifetime. It goes to the overall stage winner. White jersey with red polka dots goes to the king of mountains while the green jersey goes to one with maximum sprint points.

Btw, what amazing stamina these cyclists have! Hats off!! (Smile) I still remember when we (hubs and myself) rented bikes to go shopping in Mauritius, puffing and panting we couldn’t wait to get back to our hotel….wish we doped ;-)

Now about that, what beats me about people who doped and got chucked out is, were they so confident that they will not get caught? A professional cyclist would know the line he can’t cross? Won’t he? It’s so disgraceful! I felt sorry for Ricardo Ricco’s team who withdrew from the race when the former tested positive.

Next year hubs wants to see the race in live. I am not sure how much of you can really enjoy. With the speed these cyclists ride, they will be past you before you know and technically you can’t travel with the riders right! But still I don’t mind going to France. My 1 day in Paris 2 years back didn’t do any justice to my trip at all plus traveling alone is no fun according to me. Want to explore more with hubs who shares my love for traveling.

(Btw people who are planning to travel to Europe the 1st time, can check out my tips for travel in the blog named Europe….Cheers!)

0 comments: