Powered By Blogger

6/25/2007

Rashtrapatni?

Well, is that what we will call our new president if Pratibha Patil, the most favored candidate makes her way into Raisina hills? Sounds funny.

Anyways, I am completely lost in terms of the selection or nomination procedure. I am yet not sure of the credentials of the most favored candidate. I have great respect for the incumbent APJ Abdul Kalam and admire him for the vision and his soul touching speeches addressed to mostly to the young generation.

Though personally I would be very happy if a “women” candidate gets to be the first citizen of India. It just makes me feel proud to see the powering and towering women around. Goes without saying she needs to be a well deserving candidate, having a mind of her own and least affected by the infamous political scenario.

0 comments: